ALOS AVNIR-2 Data Products
- 4-band Visible and Near-Infrared Radiometer
- 2006 - 2011
- Worldwide coverage (ALOS satellite)
- Products may have originated from different JAXA processor versions
ALOS AVNIR-2 data is available as:
- Level 1A: Reconstructed, unprocessed signal data with radiometric- and geometric-correction coefficients appended but not applied.
- Level 1B1: Data are radiometrically calibrated. Individual files are provided for each band.
- Level 1B2: Data are radiometrically calibrated and geometric-correction applied. Data can be processed either geo-referenced or geo-coded. Individual files are provided for each band.
AVNIR-2 data was provided in CEOS format. More detailed product descriptions are available from the JAXA website.
For assistance contact the User Support Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
ALOS AVNIR-2 Technical Specs
|Scanning Method||Push broom|
|Spatial Resolution||10m (at Nadir)|
|Swath Width||70km (at Nadir)|
|Pointing Angle||± 44°|
AVNIR-2 cannot observe the areas beyond 88.4 degrees north latitude and 88.5 degrees south latitude.
Read more on the JAXA website.
ALOS AVNIR-2 Summary
AVNIR-2 Advanced Visible and Near-Infrared Radiometer type 2
AVNIR-2 is a four-band (visible and near-infrared) radiometer on the ALOS satellite with a resolution of 10m, designed for observing land and coastal zones. The images will provide the basis for land coverage and land-use classification maps for monitoring regional environments. Additionally, the instrument has a cross-track pointing capability useful for quick response applications including disaster monitoring.